SEO Forums  

Go Back   SEO Forums > Search Engines > Google > Google Optimization
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2006, 07:32 PM
SubmitShop Newbie

Default How important are outbound links?

I recently started a directory on a domain i wasnt using.
When people add their site they are asked to link back to me but its not required. I want to keep my directory for the people who use it, i don't plan on charging for adding a site and i dont want to force people to link back to me if they dont want to.
So what im wondering is will the amount of outbound links do me favours or would it really be worth insisting on a backlink?
Comppared to backlinks, how effective are outbound links to the site that hosts them?

Also, i wrote a mod that displpays the last referrer in the footer of everypage.
Im hoping that if people have their link displayed in the footer of every page they might be more inclined to link back.
Old 10-04-2006, 06:28 AM
Upcoming SEO

Hi,
Back links – Back links are simply the term used when discussing other sites that link to your website. To find your website's back links use the following syntax in the search box of your favourite search engine: link:http://www.yoursiteurl.com

Out going links – Outgoing links are links that you have on your website that link to another site. So if I placed a link on my website to www.submitshop.com, that would be a outgoing link.
Chk it out:- http://pr.efactory.de/e-outbound-links.shtml