SEO Forums  

Go Back   SEO Forums > Search Engine Strategies > Search Engine Optimization
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2014, 11:07 AM
Administrator

Default Finding More Prospects with Competitive Backlink Analysis

As you can tell, I'm back on my regular schedule of about an email a month! This time though, I'm going to keep it relatively short. This email is coming at a strange hour, because I'm heading to Istanbul to speak at a conference, but I had a spark of inspiration and had to share it before it vanished.

Something I recently discovered about link prospecting is that you'll randomly stumble upon a goldmine of a page that links to random industry resources without real strong relevance ties, which sets you up to pitch your link to, just because they seem to be linking to anything within that scope.

But I never thought about how to do this in a tried and true manner, at least until this week. I won't spoil it for you, but I wrote about this in my latest blog post:

It's definitely on the more advanced side of things, but if you ever run out of easy link prospects, give this concept a shot.

Also - I know more than a few of you don't follow me on Twitter, so thought I'd share here a few quick links of other things I've come across recently:
Interesting Data on Blogger Outreach
7 Advanced On-Site SEO Concepts
Oh and lastly, one of my favorite tools (URL Profiler) just added SEMRush data to their platform, which is a great thing to use for things like prospecting for blogs to check if they're receiving any search traffic (which is just as important, if not more important, than a lot of the link metrics you use). And to confirm - no, I don't receive any money from them. I'm just a happy, paying user.

Well, that's it, and hope you all are able to build an extra link or two this month. If you need me, you can reply to this email. Adios!