SEO Forums  

Go Back   SEO Forums > Search Engines > Google > Google Optimization
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2006, 11:57 AM
Junior SEO

Default Anchor text linking questions - How should i divide anchor text linking ratio

Hello,

I would like a advice on anchor text linking, suppose I have some commercial keywords for which i want rankings in google, then how should I divide the linking keywords.

To explain more, let us say I need ranking on “Web Hosting Company India” , if I will give mass linking on this keyword, then it will be assumed as spam. I think i should also use the anchor text as “ Megrisoft Web Hosting Company” , “Web hosting company since 1998” etc, so that it will be considered as natural linking. Am I right?

If we will see the google, he has linked the home page with anchor text as “google home” or at some place with “Go to Google.com” and if we will see the advertising page linking of google, it is as "Advertising Programs" , "Advertise with Us" and "Advertising"

I will like professional advice here before making any possible changes in my website linking strategy
Old 02-26-2006, 10:14 AM
Upcoming SEO

Hi,

yes, it's probably a good idea to mix up your anchor text, especially for new sites, to make your linking more "natural" looking.

Don't forget you can use variations, such as

Web hosting
Domain hosting
Website hosting
Web hosts
Web space
Hosting
Hosting for Websites

When I'm thinking about anchor text, I use a thesarus and to a tilde search in Google. eg ~blue widgets and Google will give you alternatives. It doesn't work very well for web hosting, but try it for some other terms to see what I mean.

I wouldn't use megrisoft in the anchor text, to be honest... No offence.. :-)

Cheers,
Paz.
Old 02-26-2006, 10:26 AM
Junior SEO

Thanks Paz! . Can you give idea about the density of keyword in the web page or how to use the keyword in the text or the all page (includng ALT tages etc), Let us say again keyword is "Web Hosting Company"
Old 02-26-2006, 09:22 PM
SubmitShop Newbie

It's best to write copy for the user and for search engines NOT for SE's solely. These days you do not need to stuff keywords into your pages in order to rank higher. You can include your most important keyword phrases in certain spots that will increase your chances of ranking under those keywords. The exact density is not as important as having the right distribution of keywords.

Start at the top of your pages, using Alt text within your logo and header images (have your logo link back to your homepage). Include your keywords for that page in your Title near the beginning. Include the key word phrase in your description 1-3 times.

Use page headings with your keywords in them (<H1> <h2> etc.)

Use keywords in other image Alt text, and hypertext links to your internal and external page links.

Use the keywords within the body text and bold text (do not make them all bold and do not stuff the text full of keywords).

You want to think of your page as an hourglass shape; distribute many keywords towards the top, fewer in the middle and many at the bottom.

Include your keywords within inbound hypertext links (use variations of words and phrases so they are not all the same like Paz said).

If you cover all of those places your keyword density and distribution throughout the page will be correct for SE's and easy for users to understand.
Old 02-27-2006, 04:18 AM
Junior SEO

Hey! Thanks for explanations!

Finally i am thinking for a CSS based template!
Old 02-27-2006, 05:15 AM
Upcoming SEO

Hi,

well anchor text and keyword density are two different things.

If you are considering keyword density, then it depends on the search engine, and visitors of course, who should be your top priority.

Yahoo and MSN like a high keyword density - maybe 3-7 %, but for some visitors even this will not be nice to read, and they will flip back to the search engine for another web site, which is not good for you.

Google is much better. Google only to need your keyword phrase to dominate on the page, and they will understand, but first Google will check your backlinks and anchor text too.

For your alt tags, I would again think of your visitors, especially those who are blind, or cannot see very well. They have to listen your alt tags because they can't see your graphics/photos.

If I were trying for web hosting company I would do exactly as it says in the seo guy tutorial. It's two years old but is still valid! If you can't find it, I'll post the url.

Cheers,
Paz.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:55 AM
Administrator

What will be the position of mass linking on forum footer. If you have 2000 posts how to give link in footer as you cannot change anchor text for each post.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:41 AM
Upcoming SEO

Send a message via MSN to sunil Send a message via Yahoo to sunil

Quote:
Originally Posted by megri
What will be the position of mass linking on forum footer. If you have 2000 posts how to give link in footer as you cannot change anchor text for each post.

Very Good question, I would like to hear some feedback from the Genius minds out here.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:01 AM
Junior SEO

Yeah! Good Question! I am also waiting for some solid answer on this because some people can have even more then 8000 posts
Old 03-01-2006, 07:06 AM
Upcoming SEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by megri
Hi,

Do you mean a sitewide footer or forum signature - I'm guessing you mean signature...

It depends on the search engine.... Yahoo loves all such links and will count each and every one of them as a link to your site.

MSN seems (but I'm not sure) to count signature links, I had a software site that appeared to rank in MSN for seo-guy sig links alone - interestingly enough MSN only displayed backlinks from my old posts that were about html, CSS, and other software problems.

And Google is more complex.

Google doesn't display all the backlinks it knows about, but my GUESS is that google counts forum signatures too - but it would likely help if they were links from forums relevant to the subject of your site.

Cheers,
Paz.